Lost savings and dormant accounts

If you think you have lost touch with your Principality savings account, or with one of the following Building Societies which have merged with Principality over the years, we can help. 

Pop into one of our branches with two forms of ID and we will help you locate your lost accounts.

We can also help you trace another person’s lost account – if you are legally entitled to do this.

  Cymdeithas Adeiladu Blwyddyn y Cyfuno
Cymdeithas Adeiladu Pen-y-bont ar Ogwr 1959
Cymdeithas Adeiladu Urban 1962
Clwb Lles Parhaol Maesteg 1968
Cymdeithas Gydfuddiannol Barhaol Aberafan 1974
Cymdeithas Adeiladu Abertawe a Chaerfyrddin 1974
Cymdeithas Adeiladu Barhaol Llanelli 1977
Cymdeithas Adeiladu y District 1978
Cymdeithas Adeiladu Gorseinon 1979
Cymdeithas Adeiladu Chatham 1985

Dormant Accounts

If there has been more than fifteen years of inactivity on your account it will become dormant to protect your savings. This means that you will not be able to complete any transactions, change any personal details or log on to your account online until we verify your identity.

We will try to contact you before this happens, and no matter how many years have passed the money will always be yours.

Sometimes dormant accounts are closed, but don’t worry, you can claim your money back and any interest you would have earned at any time. All you need to do is visit your local branch with two forms of identification to start the reclaim process.

You can also write to us to look into your request with two forms of identification. Please include:

• Full name (including any previous names) 
• Current address 
• Previous addresses held while the account was open
• If you would like a new account opened or if you would prefer the balance returned by cheque

Please send this information to the below address and we will get back to you as soon as we can. 

Customer Services – Lost Savings
Principality Building Society
PO Box 89
Queen Street
CF10 1UA 

Tracing your account

You can also trace an account online through  www.mylostaccount.org.uk – a free service offered by the UK Finance, the Building Societies Association and National Savings and Investments. The online service allows you to trace bank, building society and National Savings & Investments accounts by completing just one form.

Alternatively, you can download an information leaflet and the application forms:

You  can return your building society account trace form to the Building Societies Association Lost Account Scheme or, for Principality accounts only, directly to us at: 

Customer Services – Lost Savings
Principality Building Society
PO Box 89
Queen Street
CF10 1UA